Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Uploaded from Facebook

"I want my Baby Back Ribs..."


I am in serious pain.

Last Saturday morning, I was at work. 7:45am. I was there. Working the 8am breakfast shift. I was filling in for someone who called in. I was also the opener/closer. Now with all that handy information, I had finished the breakfast shift and I was going back to the dry goods stock room to get some more straws and BAM! There is a corner (it is a very dangerous corner) where there is always a puddle and there is also a steel corner of the counter. I fell back onto the corner and then BAM! on the ground.

I got xrays and if I had stabbed myself a few inches higher with the steel counter corner, I would have broken ribs. As they stand now, they are badly bruised.

Each time I stand, it feels like the left ribs are going to explode and I may pass out.

According to Dr. my body has gone into defense mode and each trigger in my body has gone off. I feel like I have the flu. My stomach is ripped to shreds. She says its my body not knowing whats going on and every signal going off.

It sucks. I have been put on no school or work until the 16th which the 24 hour rule for workman's comp, I am going to be so broke after a week of practically no work.

I worked "I Hate Hamlet" this weekend and I shouldn't have but it was good I did. I wasn't at home feeling sorry for myself.

Jason has been wonderful in taking care of me today. He is wonderful. He is in pain with his knee enough but he has been wonderful today. But he is wonderful everyday.

I want to thank everyone who has sent well wishes and took care of me this weekend, I really do love you all.

I hope to be feeling better soon.

-Sam

No comments: