Thursday, January 1, 2009

what a difference...

So, the holidays have come and gone and I breathe a sigh of relief.

I love the holiday season- the tree, the decorations, the food, the feeling of Christmas.

...but this year, that feeling just wasn't there. I've been so busy with "The Book of Liz" and the constant bad news on t.v. and with the economy, my heart just wasn't with it this year.

I still cannot believe that it's 2009. And just how different everything was around this time last year, well, last Holiday season.

It was my first Christmas with Jason and we were doing Christmas at our place (well, it wasn't our place then...I didn't move in until mid January) and I was doing everything in my power to make it perfect to impress his mom and dad. And now, this year, it was no stress and fun. It felt comfortable and right.

At the start of the previous Holiday season, Jason and I were just dating. We were serious, but dating. And then last Christmas Eve, he proposed. And it was the most amazing night of my life.

I cannot believe that we have been engaged for a year, living together pratically a year, and have been together almost 2.

It feels like it's been forever, and that is a good thing.

I felt alot of pressure this holiday to try and top the last one (which I could NEVER top Jason's Christmas last year...) and I was trying to make it a memorable holiday on a server's pay. It wasn't easy.

It was a great Christmas. It was a wonderful New Year's.

But I am SO glad it's over.

I'm just impatiently waiting for "The Book of Liz" to hit the stage and have all this hard work from everyone be seen and appreciated, and I am so ready to have my Mom and Aunt in town...I need some family time.

So...peace out 2008.

It was fun...but seriously, 2009 is the year of Samantha Musto.

No comments: